MOROCHEY -- #27



 


Dust in the Wind...

This...  page...  was freaking FUN.

I kind of dreaded doing a straight up battle scene, and had no idea how I was going to pull it off until the very last minute. The concept of Darius grinding down his attacker's rock-body by launching dust at a gazillion miles an hour had been in my head for weeks. However, I thought I would have to lag on for at least three more pages to show everything that had happened. Letting go of the frame-by-frame detail, and focusing on the plot points really saved my ass here.

The dialogue was also a bit of a trick. The attacker's dialogue turned out exactly as I'd hoped it would from the beginning, but Darius's come-back wasn't so easy. At first it was a long-winded speech about how this canyon was his domain, it was foolish to provoke him here, bla bla bla...  but I'm not one for the shut-up-and-fight scenes. I scrapped it, and thought of giving him a nice one-liner like "Funny you should mention DUST". That seemed too light, though, so I changed it at the very last minute. I think it turned out okay, and besides, I like that Darius still ended up getting to call the baddie a fool.



No comments:

Post a Comment