MOROCHEY -- #8


Author's Note
The Cute Librarian

       Skye might look like a Barbie doll, but she's actually pretty smart. She was inspired by a character I saw on the cover of an anime VHS (yes, THAT long ago). I liked the looks of the character, but thought she seemed stereotypically ditzy. Then I thought to myself, "Well, that's not fair. She's not stupid just because she's cute and blonde."

       When I got home, I started drawing up a character called "Sukaya" who was 16 years old, and acted as kind of a group mom/mentor to Eva and Pyro's class. (In that version, the twins were children.) Sukaya would travel with them, help them study, and generally be the world's coolest babysitter. Sukaya eventually had her name shortened to Skye to make it more pronounceable. When the twins were aged up, Skye's age stayed the same. Even though she's younger, she still takes on the role of taking care of her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment