MOROCHEY -- #14


Author's Note
Breaking the Rules

        See those tall chat bubbles? I later learned that those are apparently a no-no. It was a style choice, but it was one I made without knowing the rules. Breaking the rules on purpose is fine, but if you break the rules without knowing what they are to begin with, that's just a plain old mistake. It was also one I couldn't reverse without altering the art and layout of the page.

       So how do you fix something you can't fix? Learn from it. It took a few pages, but eventually, I learned to lay out my pages in a way that was conducive to wider bubbles. I found that doing it that way also allowed for more text per bubble with less crowding. Now that I know the benefits of conforming to this technique, I very rarely stray from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment